Monday, February 15, 2010

Photo dump: change in weather

It's been a strange winter. Normally, here in University Town, it will start snowing in November, and the snow will stay on the ground until about March. Excepting the October snow (blogged about earlier) it's been a dry winter. Up until about two weeks ago, University Town looked like this:



Photos above from February 1st. It was nice and green, although the temperatures were in the 20's.

Five days later, on the 6th, University Town got 16" of snow.  Here's my walkway:


And my car:


The snow was up to my knees, and for the first time, I had to shovel the top of my car.

 It took about 45 minutes to get the car out.  And I also had help from a neighbor.

The surprising thing is, a few days later, in far away Metro, they got over 12.5" inches of snow--where typically, they don't get ANY snow in the winter. I heard that it was the most snow that Metro had ever gotten in a single day.

It's snowing again, in University Town, tonight, with snow in the forecast all week.  At least everything is back to normal.

(The penny remains)

0 comments: