Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friday photos

I had nothing to blog on Friday, so I went driving...to the local hospital. The hospital is located on one of the highest hills in the city and provides a great overlook:

(Click to view larger)

When I first moved here from my relatively flat hometown, it was these mountains, well, the sight of a town nestled so picturesquely into the mountains that gave me my "We're not in Kansas anymore" moment. Also, I never noticed before, but these mountains could be part of a AT&T "more bars, more places" commercial, the way the mountains scale into the distance. The leaves are just starting to turn colors for the fall, though you can't see it in the photo.

I was also lucky with shopping on Friday: After stopping by Wal-Mart for paint supplies, I went into Target to buy some luggage tags. I found a pair of bronze leather-look Swissgear tags for at 75% off, for $3.74. They're understated, but fit into the metallic theme for my suitcase. For comparison, at Wal-Mart, a pair of plastic looking "leather" luggage tags were $3.

Also on clearance, also 75% off: bath towels that match my bathroom tiles perfectly! They even had a beautiful embroidery pattern on the edge. There were only three of these towels left, and I picked up two, for $2.98 each. Solid color towels of the same quality were $8.50 at Wal-Mart.


It was a VERY good trip to Target.

0 comments: