Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Calm week

It has been a calm week.

I got my first (and only?) Easter card this week.   Getting cards from people makes me happy, so I kept my Christmas cards displayed on top of my TV until I got Valentine's cards, and then I threw out my two Valentine's cards when I got my Easter card.  I don't know how long I should keep my Easter card displayed--until Pentecost, maybe?--because I do think it would be a little silly keeping it until Christmas, which is the next time I expect to get cards again.

It's been gray and rainy and windy.  Temperatures are in the 40's, but a warm front is supposed to move in tomorrow, so that on Friday, temps will be almost 80!

I've found a blog dedicated to the subject of hosting parties: http://www.hostessblog.com/   It's part of the larger "Hostess with the Mostess" website.

It's also my anniversary this week--the third year, or leather.  I was not to buy any frivolous things during Lent, but I took an exception, and got a new handbag.

On one of the lawns on campus, a wooden "flower" sculpture.


And in one of the greenhouses, tulips:

0 comments: